Saturday 28 May 2011

A non-money benefit of a single salary

Even though this is a money blog, I am going to start with a non-monetary reason for being a housewife.  That is that it gives my husband and I more time for each other.  Who doesn't want to have more quality time with their spouse?

Let me give you an example:  Today is Saturday.  My husband, ironically, is working for the 2nd Saturday this year.   OH NO!  You think!  We can't get all the pile of things that have to be done on a Saturday done!   Well, what did I do on a Saturday when I was working:  yardwork, cleaning the house, laundry, renovations, try to spend some quality time with my husband, walk our dog, etc..   Well, the first three things I can do during the week when he is working and I am not.  The renovation work I can help my husband with so that when he isn't working he is ready to go on our renovation.  The quality time with husband can actually happen which is what I would much rather do and walking our dog can be done while he is working on renovation work. So, less stressful, more time for each other, yes, less money to spend, but better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment