Thursday 27 September 2012

A new post.

So, I haven't updated my blog in quite some time.  I am blessed with a beautiful daughter that was born in February of this year so she is just over 7 months old.

Here is what I have discovered so far on the cost of having a child.

- Use cloth.  It virtually eliminates the ongoing expense of diapers and wipes.  Though there is a large initial upfront cost we used some of the money we got as gifts to lessen that cost.

-Shop consignment stores.  Name brand stuff at cheap prices.

-Don't buy too many clothes.  I have fallen for this one.  When you go to the store have in mind what you want and buy that.  Try not to get tricked by the other cute things.

-We got toys given to us as baby gifts and from people who's kids had outgrown them/had too many.  Really they don't need THAT many toys.

So far she has been fairly cheap, however, "they" tell me that this cost will go up slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment